REQUIRED: As you keep a list of artifacts, be sure to record which/whose collection each artifact is from and/or where it needs to be returned after the exhibit is over. When the exhibit is installed, email or hand Nicole a copy of this information.
1. Consult the Archives webpages http://cialibrary.culinary.edu/ciaarchives to familiarize yourself with the types of materials in the Archives. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
2. Search the digital collections for menus (note: only 10% of the collection is online) http://ciadigitalcollections.culinary.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/p16940coll1. You may not find what you are looking for, but this will give you an idea of what you are looking for when we search the rest of the collection in the Archives.
3. Make an appointment with Nicole: Email email@example.com or drop in to make an appointment.
These are suggestions for getting you started. Be sure to search regional and local resources that might have stronger materials in your area of research.
Museum and Archives Collections (national)
Museum and Archives collections (international)
1. Send Nicole the image citation with URL to have image printed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. See label instructions for making labels for images - you must include the source of the image (museum, website, etc.) on your label.
3. When sending the citation to Nicole, indicate which size you would like each image printed as
4. Check resolution of image. Desired size for quality printing is 1000 ppi on the longest side of the image. If image is only 500 ppi, then you will need to print it smaller than 8 ½ x 11. For 11 x 17 prints, images should be larger than 1,000 ppi. Ask Nicole if you are not sure.
5. If your images are not sent to Nicole by the deadline, you are responsible for printing your images at your own expense.
The Culinary Institute of America | Conrad N. Hilton Library | 1946 Campus Drive | Hyde Park, NY 12538-1430
Telephone: 845-451-1747 | Email: email@example.com |