Skip to main content
Library Research for Academic Writing
LIBRARY RESEARCH FOR ACADEMIC WRITING
In this guide, you will find an introduction to Library Research and information about using Academic Resources for your coursework and assignments.
- For academic papers, essays, and research project assignments, it is best to use scholarly or professional resources that are reliable, accurate, and valid.
- Academically appropriate resources are mainly books and scholarly journal articles that are reviewed before publication, but may also include magazines, media and websites from authoritative organizations and institutions.
- First Read, then Write. When you write a research paper, you will read journal articles to see what others have done and then build upon the work created by other scholars and professionals.
- Library Research is a skill you can learn and improve with practice and experience.Start with this overview of Library Research Basics.
- Library Staff are here to help you with your research, finding information or using the library.
Please visit the Library Help Desk on the main floor (which is the 3rd floor) or Ask Us.
Reference & Information Literacy Librarian
The Culinary Institute of America | Conrad N. Hilton Library | 1946 Campus Drive | Hyde Park, NY 12538-1430
Telephone: 845-451-1747 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |