Skip to main content
Checking Out Books
The Hilton Library has Open Stacks which means you can browse the shelves to select books.
Bring books to the Library Help Desk to check them out
Your CIA ID card is your library card
You can check books out for 2 weeks and renew once for another 2 weeks
“I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten;
even so, they have made me.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
> Learn more about finding books
Finding a Book on the Library Shelves
In the Library Catalog, look for:
- Call Number - the "address" of the book on the shelf, e.g. TX 820 .C9676 2011
- Circulation Status - On Shelf, DUE, etc.
There are three locations for books:
- Circulating books you can borrow; located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the Library
- Reserves books set aside by your instructors to be used in the Library; ask for them at the Library Help Desk
- Reference encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, etc. to be used in the Library; located on the main floor (3rd floor)
This table indicates which call numbers are located on each floor.
|Call Number Range
|A - PS 3560
|PS 3561 - TX 556
|TX 557 - Z
The Culinary Institute of America | Conrad N. Hilton Library | 1946 Campus Drive | Hyde Park, NY 12538-1430
Telephone: 845-451-1747 | Email: email@example.com |