Business Planning and Restaurant Management books and websites can provide general information and guidance about what you need to start a business. Specific information is available from local state & regional governments and professional sources.
- Regulations, Permits, & Licensing from Local Governments: The government website of the state where you will operate your business will have a Business department with instructions and forms online.
- Financial Information: Food and restaurant supplies, purchasing & inventory control, start-up costs, real estate, labor, banks & lenders.
Sources for Information
- State and City government websites' Business Department
- Small Business Administration (SBA) for your state - SBA District Offices
- Chambers of Commerce
- Professional Association, a state chapter of a national organization such as the National Restaurant Association
- Local Commerical Real Estate Companies or Realtors Association
- Local Banks
- Local or National Wholesalers and Restaurant Suppliers can be found through a web search or professional directory. For Example: